Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend Cap - Roaming in non-EU countries

Jimbo150
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I can’t find the answer to the following query so hopefully there is someone here who knows the answer and/or who can point me toward a relevant document:

I have a spend cap set at £0, worldwide roaming activated and a ‘Roam in EU’ pass. This works perfectly for my needs HOWEVER I appear not to be able to activate the EUROAM function (which if active will ensue my mobile can only log on to EU networks) because of the presence of the EU roaming pass, according to Customer Services. This is relevant for me, as I am likely be going to a Greek island close to Turkey and I want to avoid any extreme charges if my phone logs on to a Turkish network.

Assuming that EUROAM cannot be switched on, with a spend cap of zero:

(i) In the event of logging onto a non-EU network, would an incoming call be covered by the spend cap (i.e. would incoming calls be barred?) There is no info on this specific function on the Spend Cap page, save that it could potentially be covered by ‘Call Divert’.

(ii) Would data charges be covered by the cap? This is also unclear on the Spend Cap page; the wording “data charges and run-on rates if you’ve exhausted your data allowance or data pass” does not appear to cover such charges as my inclusive allowance would not be usable at all (so can never be exhausted).

Of course, if a restriction to roam in the EU can be activated, the problem vanishes…. Thanks for any help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jimbo150,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, your spend cap would restrict your ability to make and receive calls when connected to a non-EU network.

With data, you would be prompted to purchase a roaming data add-on before you could use your mobile data on a non-EU network.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
James_B

Hi @Jimbo150,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, your spend cap would restrict your ability to make and receive calls when connected to a non-EU network.

With data, you would be prompted to purchase a roaming data add-on before you could use your mobile data on a non-EU network.

Hope this helps.

James

Hi @James_B , thank you for this - that's very clear!

Best,

J.

James_B

No problem, @Jimbo150 

Have a great trip. 🙂

James