cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams offering 20% discount

mahaacca
Investigator
Investigator

020 3987 5510 called me pretending to be from EE. Said I have a great credit score been with EE for more than a year and can offer a 20% discount on existing contract. I said I don't want any extra time on contract nothing, got a text from 150 with a code which I shared and now I got an iPhone 13 pro max and there's a new contract for 2 years against my name. Returning the device to EE, any others getting offers like this be aware as most likely they will call back and claim they sent a wrong phone and to please return it to the address they send rather than to EE.

18 REPLIES 18
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mahaacca

Thanks for coming here and letting us know this has happened. 

Once the device has been returned the contract will be cancelled, have you spoken to our mobile care team on 150 and arranged the return?

Leanne.

150 isn't available as it's a Sunday today but I have started a return through the website 

Leanne_T

We are open on a Sunday until 8PM @mahaacca

Leanne.

Nope just called again and chose the option to return device. Open Monday to Friday 9 am to 5pm automated reply and the call ended!!

Leanne_T

If you select account queries, the team can check your account for you and make sure the device doesn't need to be returned to a third party @mahaacca

This is just to make sure the device is returned to the correct place and the returns team will get back to you when they receive your request from the online form. 

Leanne. 

Had to wait approx 29 minutes before someone answered my call. But very considerate and took all information from me and has now started a fraud investigation. I know that I am returning the device to EE. That's good.

I went to 2 shops in the East London area today. Explained what happened to an employee, the 1st one couldn't be less bothered about what happened to me and cooly said "well you must have agreed to something" despite me telling that I been scammed. The 2nd shop listened to my complaint and said contact customer service. What I would have liked is for either one of the shop taking up the issue themselves rather than me trying to fend off and find my way.

@mahaacca   You didn’t get it from a EE store and store staff can not help you with this as they are not customer services.  The store is there to sell not deal with your account issues or fraud against your account.   

Mjama18
Visitor

Just received a call from this number today saying the same thing. I declined their offer and the caller was rude. I always quickly search the number before answering and came across this page - Thanks for the heads up.

MuvaTerra
Investigator
Investigator

If it’s a legit call from ee normally they request security questions what most I presume have set up via the app online or on the phone if you haven’t please do because it is your safety key .