cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a phone on contract

Hannahjp
Investigator
Investigator

I got a new phone on contract about a month or two ago, I don't like the phone as the im having trouble with calls with my family and friends because of bad signal due to calling on different phone and I just want to return the phone, however its still early in the contract and I'm past the 14 day return, I want to cancel the contract and send the phone back and switch back to my EE sim only plan for my old phone. 

I got a text message from 85075 telling me that I would have to pay a cancellation charge of over £1000 which I cannot do, will I get charged this amount even if I want to return the phone?

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Hannahjp 

The answer is yes. 

To exit your plan you'll need to pay off your remaining contract term. I suggest speaking to EE CS to establish what can be done. 

Can you access EE WiFi calling service. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Distance sold contracts, such as those conducted by phone or online, come with a statutory 14days "change of mind" right of return. You're clearly beyond that, so a preferable option would be to establish the cause of your issues and thus rectify them.

Can you explain some more details about the problems you're having with calls - are they happening in a specific location or more generalised? Do other EE users have similar issues in these locations?

If you still have access to your old phone and have tested your SIM in it, are the issues still apparent? There may be a fault with your new phone if the issues only occur when using it.