cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Have been charged for a second number that I never signed up for or activate

MS2021
Investigator
Investigator

This has happened to me. I had absolutely no idea. I upgraded my phone at EE store in Westfield White City on 5 August 2019. I kept my number and never asked for a second line. I was not informed of a second line. I did not get a SIM for the line I didn’t ask for and didn’t know about. The amount of line rental was only £12.91 per month, so small enough not to raise suspicion when your have extra charges. They can see the account was never used. Unless I get every last penny of my stolen money I will be escalating this to the police. This is disgusting. To be defrauded by staff of a communications company who should be safeguarding me is disgusting.

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MS2021 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Have you spoken to the store in question? What was the second line for?

Chris

MS2021
Investigator
Investigator

The second line is a  FRAUD! I didn’t ask for a second line, I didn’t know about it, never been provided with the SIM, never used it. 

Your customer service asked me to go to the store but store only offered £100. 

This is EE stealing from customer

James_B

Hi @MS2021,

I'm sorry to hear this wasn't resolved to your satisfaction when you visited your local store.

Please Fill out our complaints form (ee.co.uk) and a member of the team will be happy to look into this for you.

James

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does this second line appear on your monthly bills?

On Monday 27 Nov I escalated it as fraud on the phone. I also went to the store Westfield White City where the store manager wrote about “fraudulent and it malicious extra SIM” on the account.  When will I hear from you? What is the email address for a formal complaint? I have been chasing this for nearly 2 weeks now. 

Christopher_G

Hi @MS2021 

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't hard back from this. If you give us a call on 150, we'll be able to give you an update and open a complaint. There's also a complaint from online that you could fill in. A member of the complaints team would then call you back to discuss this.

Chris

Keep completing complaint forms. No one is coming back. Fraud log was made on 27 November. Not a peep since then. Nothing other than people telling me they are sorry. 

Christopher_G

When did you fill in the complaints form, @MS2021? They're usually in touch within 72 hours.

Chris