cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Abroad Pass - confusion over charges!

Hilary98
Visitor

I requested a Roam Abroad Pass in the middle of my billing month (eg 14th) and requested removal of said Pass one month later (eg also 14th).  I assumed cost was £25 for using a Roam Abroad Pass for a month long period (eg 14th to 14th) but it appears that you are charged pro rata from the day you activate Pass to your billing date PLUS the whole of the following billing month, even if you ask for Pass to be removed mid month.  So if my bill date is 28th of each month and I request RA Pass on 14th of a month and ask for removal on 29th of same month, I will, in fact, be charged pro rata of £25 for 14-28th plus a whole month of £25 for 29th onwards, even though I've requested Pass is removed. It appears the RA Pass charges run exactly in  with your billing month and not the amount of time you request the Pass for.

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

In the billing cycle when you add a Roaming Pass, it is activated immediately and pro-rata charged from then until your billing date.

In the cycle you request removal, it remains active until the last day and is removed before appearing on the following bill. Charges reflect this.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hilary98 wrote:

not the amount of time you request the Pass for.

You don't request the Pass for any particular time period. You just request it start.

The Roam Abroad Pass costs £25 per billing month from the billing month you order it (text ROAMING PASS to 150) until the billing month you cancel it (text STOP ROAMING PASS to 150). For all billing months during which you have the Pass it is charged at the full £25. However if the Pass is carried over from the 1st billing month to the next it will be charged pro-rata for that 1st month alone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)