cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Sim Only. Do I need to cancel my monthly contract?

Kisscut
Visitor

Hello,

My contract ends in 35 days. I want to upgrade to a Sim Only Plan which is much cheaper than my monthly contract fee of £120. I read somewhere that I need to cancel my contract 30 days before the end of contract or I will be charged for another month. Do I need to cancel my contract if I am upgrading to an EE Sim Only plan? When do I stop paying for my current contract and will I get my money back or will I pay pro-rata partially for the month?

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
74Busby
Visitor

Just had a look on Google and it says you can just sign in to your EE account and go to the 'upgrade' section (even though this is more of a 'downgrade'). Or call up Customer Services and they can make the change for you. If you speak to retentions, you might be able to get a better deal that's not available elsewhere.

I love being on SIM only, saves me quite a bit and you don't have to keep a phone you don't like for ages. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
74Busby
Visitor

Just had a look on Google and it says you can just sign in to your EE account and go to the 'upgrade' section (even though this is more of a 'downgrade'). Or call up Customer Services and they can make the change for you. If you speak to retentions, you might be able to get a better deal that's not available elsewhere.

I love being on SIM only, saves me quite a bit and you don't have to keep a phone you don't like for ages. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You would cancel your contract only if you want to disconnect your number & line.

Changing your plan from phone-based to SIM-only can either be done by "upgrading" online or by calling CS.

@Kisscut  just to point out the Sim only will not start until you’ve completed the full contract term of your current contract.    An “upgrade”  just means a new tariff.  This can be the same price more costly or even a cheaper tariff.