cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: End contract

meghank0208
Explorer

Is the only way to actually leave EE once your contract ends to phone them? I am travelling abroad indefinitely so this isn't an option for me without huge roaming costs. EE seems to make it impossible to leave them (after multiple phone calls before my travels to explain my circumstances its very computer says no which is so frustrating after being a customer for years). Why don't they have an online web chat?

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @meghank0208

Thanks for coming here. 

To cancel your contract you will need to give us a call. 

Have you previously called to request this before travelling?

Speak soon, 

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@meghank0208 : 

You may also write to them giving your 30-day notice of cancellation at:

EE Customer Services
6 Camberwell Way
Sunderland
Tyne and Wear
SR3 3XN
United Kingdom

Include your name, address, EE account number and/or EE mobile number.

Your notice will be taken from when EE receive it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks Katie, 

making a call from Vietnam isn’t really feasible for me, there is no other option? 

I called multiple times before leaving the Uk but as it was outside the 30 day notice period apparently there was nothing that could be done. Just feels very backwards having to call or write a letter in order to end a phone contract? 

thanks 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @meghank0208

Have you tried calling our customer care team over Skype?

To cancel your contract you must either give us a call or write to the address provided above. 

Katie

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@meghank0208 wrote:

I called multiple times before leaving the Uk but as it was outside the 30 day notice period apparently there was nothing that could be done.

Clause 9.1 of the T&Cs allow for greater notice periods - https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/help/terms-and-conditions/mobile/pay-monthly/network/paym-network-terms...