cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price match

Lolashleigh13
Visitor

Hi, I've been with EE for 10 years and never had any issues, I'm due an upgrade and EE offers the new Samsung at 50 odd pound a month, 3 are offering it for 30 and Vodaphone for 38.. with a smaller upfront fee, do EE price match? Or am I best ending my contract and changing network? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lolashleigh13 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

It's great to hear that you've been with us for so long without any problems. If you have a chat with our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to take a look at your account and see what we can offer.

Chris

Beccii93x
Investigator
Investigator

Nope. They say they price match, take the details of the contract you’ve seen, put you on hold and then say the manager won’t price match. 

been with EE 12 years and will now be leaving as it’s £18 more a month than any other network! Crazy considering the new iPhone is out next month, so the price will drop anyway! 

@Beccii93x   you really need to look at the fine detail of the offers.

Some of the contracts are over 3 years, others two. Also as well as the amount of data/minutes and texts, some limit speeds.

It is not just a simple price comparison these days - was it ever?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE have never price-matched in this fashion nor competed on price, they do have a degree of pride in network quality which is not shared by some rivals.

CS will often offer an account-specific retention price, which is then for individuals to consider.

2 years ago they did. I showed them a deal three was doing, and they matched it. But, that was 2 years ago so things obviously change. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Beccii93x 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you would like to discuss your options further and see what is available, please get back in touch with our mobile care team on 150. 

Leanne.

Josh922
Visitor

Hi did Ee price match in the end? I'm in a similar situation as I've seen multiple offers for 24 month (phone and airtime) contracts for cheaper

Carl5h
Explorer

EE don’t price match and don’t believe in customer loyalty. I have been with them for over 20 years, when they were orange too, and they have no interest in retaining customers. 

The new iPhone is out and there are deals aplenty with other networks. ID and Vodafone are offering splendid deals. As are O2. And all with 24 month contracts and at least 100gb data.

When you do call someone in customer service they couldn’t give a monkeys.

@Carl5h   Can you post links to those please because I’ve had a quick look on Vodafone and for the iPhone 15 and making it a 24 month contract month for the phone and a 24 month contract for the airtime the closest I can get to 100 gig is actually 150Gb and it’s £70 per month and the closest EE due to that is £64 a month.   And that’s a 24 month contract for the phone and a 24 month contract for the tariff.     The o2 deal is £65 with a 24m device contract, 24 tariff.      Not sure what you’re looking at but to me EE is not  more costly at all.     Please provide links to those deals .

as for ID Mobile, that’s an NMVO network and there’s no guarantee that you will remain on the network that they use for their customers. that could change on you.