cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold conteact in EE store

Ahussein
Investigator
Investigator

I went into an EE store for an upgrade and was sold one of the highest price plans having being told it was a good deal. I was distracted with my child and the sales person didnt show me any other price plans saying there wasn't anything cheaper. The sales person told me they'd even give a Samsung watch to sweeten the deal. I  asked where the watch was before I left the store thinking I was going to get it with the phone the same day, and told it would come in the paost. When it didn't arrive I called EE to ask when I was likely to receive this watch. EE told me it arrives 14 days after cooling off period. I told the advisor I was told in store there is no cooling off period. I also mentioned that I am on unlimited data which I actually didn't need,but opted for as there was nothing between 1g and 125g  he informed me they have a 25g data  which would have been better for me also cheaper. As I was getting all these options such as upfront  costs only being £30-50 on some better suited plans, I would rather pay the upfront cost  and save in the long run, also the watch is a gift because whixh you get for upgraded to the S23 ultra and would have received it irrespective of data plan. EE told me they would put a note on the account and that I had grounds for a change in price plan as I was mis sold and to go back to the store.

I went back to the store and wasted an hour trying to get assistance from a man who said he was just a sales rep and that I would get a call back from  the person who sold me the contract. Well he called back today to inform me he can't do anythingg and he doesn't believe he mis sold me the contract. So now it's his word against mine- I've been an EE customer for 17+ years, never would I opt for a £76 price plan knowing there were cheaper alternatives.

I feel stuck with a price plan I didn't personally chose, with no other alternatives and being told I can take it up with the store manager who isn't back for 2 weeks  before any further senior input, even though I was assured yesterday that they could email a supervising manager who would be able to assist me. I can't believe this is how EE are conducting business. I have been sold the most expensive price plan under the guise that it was the best one and that I would get a watch I would have been entitled to anyway, without any other price plans being looked at or my needs for the plan being considered.

Has anyone taken similar problem to claims court before? 

The sales rep had finalized the contract so quickly I didn't even know what I'd been given. 

Can someone get in touch to help me please

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tphxplays
Contributor
Contributor

I was mis-sold a contract a mere 3 days ago myself and had that changed after 10 hours on the phone because and I quote "we would rather make you happy than waste time with the ombudsman"

They literally provided me all the information I needed for a successful case.

That aside, you have plenty of grounds to challenge this if you desire to do so as well as a cancellation period you can easily make use of without any penalties.

If you really want to stick to your guns, contact CS one more time to have it rectified (speak to upper management, not the reps) and then contact the ombudsman.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Ahussein  this is a public forum not customer services so no one will contact you from here.   If you wasn’t happy with the costs why did you agree to it you can always say no or even just walk away.   It’s your decision at the end of the day.   

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ahussein,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Please get in touch with Customer Care to discuss your account.

The team will be happy to help.

James

Thank you for your response Chris. 

Thank you James, I will contact them again. 

tphxplays
Contributor
Contributor

I was mis-sold a contract a mere 3 days ago myself and had that changed after 10 hours on the phone because and I quote "we would rather make you happy than waste time with the ombudsman"

They literally provided me all the information I needed for a successful case.

That aside, you have plenty of grounds to challenge this if you desire to do so as well as a cancellation period you can easily make use of without any penalties.

If you really want to stick to your guns, contact CS one more time to have it rectified (speak to upper management, not the reps) and then contact the ombudsman.

Ahussein
Investigator
Investigator

@tphxplays thank you for your reply. After being told by the same sales advisor in store that he didn't agree with my claim and that I should wait for the store manager to return from leave, I contacted the call center again, who agreed with my claim and resolved the situation for me. I am now on a suitable plan, having had all my options explained to me. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Ahussein 

Leanne 🙂

@Ahussein 

I'm glad to hear it ! 

It's sad store staff and some sales reps are so fast to forego your needs for the sake of their commission or required number of sales (if any). 

Hopefully you won't encounter that issue again and good luck!