cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it really upgrade anytime if you have to pay a fortune

davj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I hate my new S23 ultra, drops calls constantly, virtually unusable in Manchester city centre, only 5 months old, if I want to change it I have to surrender the phone AND pay £600? I have been with EE for years, spend over £120 a month and this is the best they offer me? Any ideas on how to do it cheaper?

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your phone has a fault, that should be reported through the usual channels - with a repair being one potential outcome.

If calls are dropping frequently, that should be investigated.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@davj   Your contract is still 24 months and upgrading before the standard upgrade period will require a payment.  If you want to keep the device you can for a fee as the device still requires to be paid off.  You’ll not get a device and have it a few months and upgrade for nothing and get to keep a £1000+ phone. 

your best alternative is to sell the device and purchase a device elsewhere.  

But as  mentioned if the device has a fault you really want to get that looked at before doing anything else. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @davj 

I have the same device and was in Manchester two weeks ago. The signal was woeful but with EE the signal in Manchester CC has always been woeful from my experience. No signal at all in the English Lounge for example. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
davj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm not asking to keep the phone, I'm just not prepared to return it AND pay £600 when I'm already paying over the odds to upgrade "anytime"

davj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

How can a company as large as EE have such a woeful website and direct all queries to other customers rather than customer services? One of the mysteries of life I guess

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Offering a community forum as a potential means of resolving issues, is not unique to EE. If anything, it's the opposite with 3 of the 4 UK MNOs having such a setup.