cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Plan & Contract Plan

waynehilson19
Visitor

Spoke with someone in the upgrade team, she wasn'nt overtly rude but was very disagreeable and failed to answer the question....which is:
Why are the two plans running at different lengths?
The Flex Plan (device payment) is for 3x years, and the contract is for 2x years - I was told that nothing can change on the account until the Flex Plan has been paid in full, however if this is the case, then why even state that the contract is for two years.
It makes no sense, and her telling me "well you watched a video about it" and "we can prove it" doesn't help me at all - this was done before she disappeared, so I hung-up.
As I see it, and what my account states, is that my contract plan is up at the end of May, yet my Flex Plan has a further year to run....what are the options?
If its to continue with the same contract plan, then why does it say something different?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@waynehilson19  The air time contract is for 2 years this is your calls,text and data allowance.  The device contract can be 24 months or 36 months.  obviously you pay more each month for a 24 month device contract to pay of that device. 
If you have a device contract for 36 months and you reach the end of the air time tariff you can upgrade to a sim only contract for the remaining 12 months of the device contract.   Or you can if you wish call customer service and pay a bit extra each month bring down the monthly cost of the device contract.  It’ll remain at 36 months through as that when you agreed too,  

To upgrade to a new device at 24 months you have to pay off the remaining debt on the device contract.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@waynehilson19  The air time contract is for 2 years this is your calls,text and data allowance.  The device contract can be 24 months or 36 months.  obviously you pay more each month for a 24 month device contract to pay of that device. 
If you have a device contract for 36 months and you reach the end of the air time tariff you can upgrade to a sim only contract for the remaining 12 months of the device contract.   Or you can if you wish call customer service and pay a bit extra each month bring down the monthly cost of the device contract.  It’ll remain at 36 months through as that when you agreed too,  

To upgrade to a new device at 24 months you have to pay off the remaining debt on the device contract.