cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill Nightmare

Flipper66
Explorer

Hi.

I hope someone can help here as I am at a loss.

EE Mobile

2 months ago I switched to a different supplier. I had to pay off my contract with EE to the tune of £770 (ouch). At this time I also moved house but did tell EE my new address.

Anyhow I telephoned EE & they told me the amount had been taken. All good I thought.

Yesterday I received a pile of letter from EE from my old address threatening me with Debt recovery as I had not paid!!

So last night I checked my bank & indeed the amount had not been taken (well done EE for telling me it had). So I went on to website & paid it & it said everything was now paid. 10 minutes later I had a text from EE saying payment had been declined because I was no longer an EE customer. Great & well done EE for stupid act one.

This morning I have checked my bank & guess what they have taken the £770 from my account.

So where do I go now? I cannot ring them as I have no account & I am not paying to ring them from my current supplier as it cost too much. I cannot chat for same reason.

Any ideas???

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Flipper66 , if you have something like Skype, you can ring them for free:

You should be able to ring this number from any phone, as it is a free number.

What I do not understand, why did you not check sooner to see if the money had been paid to EE? You should always keep an eye on your bank account to make sure payments are made etc.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Flipper66 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened, to pay the final amount please call our mobile guides on 0800 956 6000 and the team will be happy to help get this sorted. 

Leanne.