cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeded spend limit SIM only

name_not_import
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I wanted to leave EE and request a PAC. EE called me after it was sent to me to see if there were any offers/discounts they could offer to retain me.

Offer made, I accepted. Here’s where the problems starts. Each time they try to put the offer through their system they call me back 20 mins later to say offer will not go through as system say I have exceeded spend limit and I must speak to customer service.

customer service have looked at my account and cannot see any issues, when I call back the next person seems to think it’s resolved, pushes me to take a new deal but end up going round in circles as the process repeats itself.

i have multiple lines which are all sim only. Non have exceeded the plans allowances and have been customer with EE for about 5 years. My account is up to date and never been late on monthly bill. CS also reiterated my account is in good standing.

It seems no one at EE knows what the issue is, wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue and how to go about fixing it so I can relay this back to EE?

11 REPLIES 11
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @name_not_import

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear this. 

Are you aware if our customer care team have raised this further?

Katie

Each CSA I speak to say they will raise it but when I call in again the next CSA claim it wasn’t done but they will do it.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @name_not_import

When was the last time you called?

What was advised on your last call?

Katie

Last time I called was on Tuesday. 
long story short, we agreed on the same deal, I electronically signed the agreement. EE called me 20 minutes later to say deal won’t go through for same reason and that they will escalate.

Katie_B

Hi @name_not_import

Did the agent advise they would be back in touch or provide you with a timescale?

Katie

Not that I recall. They said it would be escalated and they’ll put it through once whoever it’s being escalated gets back to them but I’ve been hearing that line multiple times over last 2 weeks.

Katie_B

I'd recommend allowing today for an update @name_not_import

If you still have not heard anything please come back and let us know. 

Katie

Still no resolution.

i receive messages complaint has been resolved but no one has called me to explain what issue is/was.

i call up to get update and no-one seems to have any idea what is causing the issue or how to fix it.

another agent wanted to create another complaint. I’ve written to your complaints team, it’s been over 7 days and haven’t heard from them either!

Leanne_T

Hi @name_not_import 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Are the team able to complete the offer now this has been resolved and closed? 

Leanne 🙂