cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee cant complete my trade in

Eeisrubbish1232
Visitor

I recently upgraded from my samsung zflip 3 128gb to the 512gb zflip 5 using trade in.

Ee made a mistake and did a trade in for 256gb zflip 3 not 128gb. I had to call ee and get it canceled and do the order again in a 1 hour odd conversation and do the order from scratch. Following this i was bombarded with emails and texts for final reminder to send back the device for both 256gb zflip 3 and 128gb zflip 3. I was told to send back the phone with the correct order number packet which i did and it was recieved by likewise on 09 august. I then recieved messages saying the 256gb was recieved, then messages saying the 256gb was not recieved. I called ee to find out what was going on and got an advisor with a very thick irish accent that i could not understand and had to keep asking to repeat so i asked to speak to someone else upon which she started shouting at me saying i was being rude, she can understand me and i was descriminating against her accent and slammed the phone down on me. I called back for another person who said to call likewise. The next day i got a text saying they are still waiting for my 128gb handset. I called likewize who said they have my phone and its been recycled but the order cant be completed as there are 3 orders open that ee need to contact them to close. I contacted ee who said its ok on their end. I was told i can use my 14 day cooling off period however i dont get my phone back or anything in return even though they cant complete the order and it has nothing to do with me, i upheld my end of the agreement they cant complete the order because of their mistake. I spent almost 2 hours being bounced between person to person saying they cant do anything. If the order is not complete i lose the £26 off a month offer, i cant have my phone back and theres nothing i get in its place so they are knowingly keeping me from using my 14 day cooling off and they havent fixed their mistake.

I was told the next day i would be called with a resolution but all they did was ask me to repeat from the start and say theres nothing they can do. So now im out of a phone, they are about to charge me more and dont seem to care at all.

I absolutely hate ee at this point.

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Eeisrubbish1232 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear of your experience, trading your phone in is usually a straight-forward process.

I can only suggest continuing to speak with our Mobile Care team about this, or raise a complaint through our online web form.

I hope you get sorted soon.

Chris