cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE account showing as an 'unsecured loan'

Dmi44
Explorer

Hi, I have 4 lines on my account (all family phones with EE). After an upgrade for one of these lines, it is now showing this upgrade on my credit report as an unsecured laon! This has only appeared since upgrade on that line and only showing that line not any of my other 3 lines (2 of which were also upgraded in the past year). Could someone please tell me why this is showing on my account all of a sudden? This was a 3 year contract as opposed to a 2 year contract (all my other lines are 2 year contracts)

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Dmi44 

Welcome to the EE Community,

the unsecured loan is for your flex pay agreement which is for the device.

Thanks,

David 

The other 2 contracts are conventional 2 year plans with the device & airtime bundled together. That doesn't count as a loan.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Ok, thanks, I was not made aware of this! can I change the contract to a 2 year contract (upgrade was a pprox 1 month ago)?

Thanks for your reply

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Dmi44 

Did you not read the terms and conditions before accepting the contract, or any paperwork/email received after. You'll need to speak to EE CS as you'll likely need to pay the handset/contract off if you're outside 14 days. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I recently changed one of my lines across to a Flex-pay setup and was advised at several points of the contractual structure. Documentation was also sent for prior approval - and is available for download - which reflects this.

To revert from FlexPay to what is now likely to be classed as a legacy-plan would effectively mean cancelling FlexPay - which can only ordinarily be done inside the 14day cancellation window.