Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE account number(s)

stephenlake
Investigator
Investigator

i have 2 EE accounts, 1 for a payg mobile, and one for my broadband/landline

i've had hell and all trouble trying to buy a new mobile phone with a pac code to keep my (currently not EE )mobile number.

having spoken to a 'customer service rep' i was told i should log in to my (account number supplied) to access the order information and complete the purchase.

A) i can't see how to find my account number for either account

B) i can't see how to log in using an account number, presumably once i know the account number associated with each of my accounts i can then log in to the correct account to complete the purchase.

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't login with an a/c no. You login with an email addy.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

i appreciate that, but the 'customer rep' gave me an account number, what i want to know is the account (email addy) that that number is linked to.

Don't you know your own email addy that you used to register the a/c?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

of course i do. but the account # i have been given to place the order against i can't relate it to any of my email addy's

I dunno why you've been given an a/c no. to place an order. You don't need 1.

As you don't already have a mobile phone or SIM contract with EE, logout of (or don't login to) your MyEE before going to the EE Shop to buy an EE mobile phone or SIM contract. Otherwise it expects you to already have an EE mobile phone or SIM contract.

ok, i'm obviously not explaining myself very well, so lets have another go..

i have 2 EE accounts. 1 for my broadband/landline and 1 for my spare payg phone. a different email addy for each acc.

last week i attempted to order a mobile phone to replace my out of contract phone (currently with 3) i obtained a pac code then completed the order, which failed at the last hurdle, saying 'it looks like you have an EE account, log in to get a better deal', (i was already logged in) ... so went through the same routine a couple of times, but was stuck in the 'log in' loop.

rang customer services, and went through the order manually , and guess what ... i failed the credit check!! (this with an equifax score over 900, and listed as excellent), so i was invited to contest the credit check result (i was beginning to lose the will to live at this point!), EE replied 24  hours later saying my credit was ok (yipee!! ) and gave me a reference # to use against the order to clear the credit check hurdle. 

got into the order system, but nowhere to apply the credit check code, so, once again the order failed. (my god! it's like pulling teeth!!) called customer services (again), explained the issue, was told i'd need to log in to account # (read out to me) where i'd find the order and the credit check ref # , and the order would complete ok.

and there is the problem i can't log in using an acc# (obviously) and i don't know the login details for that acc# , i.e. which email address? ...

simple if you know how.:-)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stephenlake,

In this scenario, I'd recommend calling our sales team on 0800 956 6000 to complete your order.

They'll be able to locate your account with the accepted credit check and process your order using that.

James

Yes, I understand you. Have you tried ordering what you want w/out being logged into any of your MyEE a/c's?

yes, i tried that, seemed to work....but.... i then didn't get the special offers and discounts that are available to existing account holders .... chicken & egg :-).

however.... i finally got the order place after an hour on the phone to CS. 

i'm going to cancel the payg account and get a 10m sim (special offer, 'cos of the complete shambles of the order system) for £5 (was £10),  this sim will be running off the ONE and ONLY EE account.

thanks for the help & suggestions guys.