cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancelation

Momilfarooq
Explorer

Hello,

I want to cancel my contract. I signed it on January 30th 2024, but it's too expensive for me and I can't afford it. I haven't even activated the SIM yet. How can I cancel the contract and will there be any charges if I cancel? I have called customer service many times, but they don't answer and the store is far from my house. If anyone knows anything about this, please help me. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Momilfarooq : If you ordered by phone or online you always have a statutory cooling-off period up to 14 days after delivery to cancel your order FoC. If you ordered in-store you have no such "change-of-mind" right of return.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I bought this SIM from the store. It has not been 14 days yet.  I arrived in the UK, just few days ago and I didn't know about anything related to this . My friend asked me to purchase it,without telling me that it's expensive. And now, I can't afford it. I haven't even activated the SIM, so is there any way I can cancel the contract? And I don't want to be charged because I don't want to use this SIM. Please help me to sort out this issue. Thank you.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There are options to return an instore contract-phone purchase if you're experiencing coverage issues, but buyers remorse doesn't seem to fit that category. On the basis of what you've said, the time to consider the 24monthly cost is before signing the contract, not after.

In any case, you will need to discuss this with the retail store in question - this internet forum has no access to your specific individual account to advise further.

https://ee.co.uk/help/orders/how-to-return-a-product-bought-within-the-last-14-days