cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Expiry

KevinFromCanada
Visitor

I have just moved to Canada and my contract is up in about a week. I have switched to a Canadian provider and no longer need my UK phone number. Is it as simple as letting the remaining time of my contract conclude or must I cancel or inform EE to ensure no further potential services or surprise billing? Are they able to bill me beyond my contract?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hey @KevinFromCanada 

Hope you’re well. 

So firstly, you do have to cancel your EE contract otherwise it’ll continue on a rolling month by month basis. 

As you only have a week left on your agreement and you pay in advance then you can either:

- Contact EE and place a cancellation. However the reality is, you have to give 30 days notice so you’ll end up paying for more than you need

What I would instead recommend you do is: 

- Get a STAC (not a PAC) code from your EE line (you can either generate it via your MyEE account or by sending the word STAC to 75075 via SMS from your line. Once you have that code, give it to a friend who is on another network and ask them to give that code to their network. 

If they do that, then your EE line and number will be ceased one working day later. Also by using the STAC code, the 30 day notice period is waived. It’s just important that the someone you give that code to, gives it to their network as it’s that other network that notifies EE of your intention to terminate. 

It also means any monies you’ve paid for the period after your line is disconnected will be refunded back to you. 

Hope this makes sense and enjoy Canada (mobile service is SUPER expensive there!!)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
_MrR_
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hey @KevinFromCanada 

Hope you’re well. 

So firstly, you do have to cancel your EE contract otherwise it’ll continue on a rolling month by month basis. 

As you only have a week left on your agreement and you pay in advance then you can either:

- Contact EE and place a cancellation. However the reality is, you have to give 30 days notice so you’ll end up paying for more than you need

What I would instead recommend you do is: 

- Get a STAC (not a PAC) code from your EE line (you can either generate it via your MyEE account or by sending the word STAC to 75075 via SMS from your line. Once you have that code, give it to a friend who is on another network and ask them to give that code to their network. 

If they do that, then your EE line and number will be ceased one working day later. Also by using the STAC code, the 30 day notice period is waived. It’s just important that the someone you give that code to, gives it to their network as it’s that other network that notifies EE of your intention to terminate. 

It also means any monies you’ve paid for the period after your line is disconnected will be refunded back to you. 

Hope this makes sense and enjoy Canada (mobile service is SUPER expensive there!!)

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KevinFromCanada 

Welcome to the community.

I see @_MrR_ has already given you a brilliant answer here. Just wanted to wish you good luck with your big move.

All the best.

Chris