Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in contracts on EE website

Gomrathb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, 

so I’ve just looked at the EE website and to my horror they’ve gone and decided to follow o2 and the other networks and do 2 split payments for your contract. 
oh well, I guess they were going to do it sooner or later. 
can I just ask - what happened to annual upgrade? If I want to get a iPhone 15 Pro Max in a few weeks time do I now have to sign up for one of these new deals until I’ve paid off the phone cost? 
I now no longer see the annual upgrade ability on the top contracts. If EE have removed this, it seems a little stupid. I think I’ll go and sign a contract with the Apple Store and get a new iPhone Pro Max sim free every year for the same cost monthly each year. The only reason I signed up to EE annual upgrade originally years ago was the flexibility in swapping out my phone every year for the newest iPhone. If I now have to pay off the full cost of a phone I may as well buy it sim free each year or do the Apple Store annual upgrade programme. 
could anyone at EE confirm the above or am I missing something? 

thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Gareth43
Problem solver
Problem solver

Mine are still normal with both phone and data, mins and texts all as one. I’m guessing they gonna do both ways. That way each can choose what’s best for them 

G Alston
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Gomrathb

Welcome to the community. 

When you are looking at the new plans are you seeing the option for 24 months and the option for 36 months?

The new Flex Pay gives people the option to split the cost of their phone from their data and benefits. You do not have to choose Flex Pay.

The full works plan includes upgrading your phone at anytime. 

Katie

@Katie_B wrote:

You do not have to choose Flex Pay.

How? Where?Capture.JPG

Are you saying if you choose "24 months" it's not flexpay? If so, it's not clear.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Gomrathb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Ok, it’s just all phones I can see say flex pay only online. No options for
any other contract.
So you’re saying if I want to keep the full works iPhone plan I currently
have and upgrade to a iphone 15 pro max with the same contract as I have
now, I can do that - but I have to do it over the phone?
Gomrathb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG_1148.png

this is all I’m seeing? Can’t see any other contract option. 😞  and now My EE says I’m not the account holder so I can’t even see the deals you guys are offering me. Even though I’ve had an account with you for 10+ years?! 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Gomrathb

If you are unable to proceed without the Flex Pay option or with Anytime Upgrade option please give our customer care team a call on 150. 

Katie

@Gomrathb wrote:
if I want to keep the full works iPhone plan I currently have and upgrade to a iphone 15 pro max with the same contract as I have now

You can't upgrade to the plan you have now anyway unless by coincidence. Upgrades can only be to plans that are currently on offer.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

You need to be set up as the Bill Payer under Account Settings > Manage Numbers