cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Plan During Cooling Period

marlo97
Explorer

I recently migrated from BT Mobile to EE and took out a contract with a new phone. I am still in my cooling off period and would like to return the phone but keep the mobile broadband contract in place. Is this possible or do I need to cancel the entire plan and sign up to a separate SIM-only plan? If I do this, will there be any downtime or can it be switched over immediately since I already have an EE SIM card?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@marlo97  your mobile phone contract has nothing to do with your broadband contract. These are two separate contracts. They just might be on the same account and billed  at the same time. You can call customer services and inform them that you don’t want the device and that you would line to return it 

Sorry, I meant return the phone but keep the rest of the plan (data, minutes and text allowances and extras) in place, not my broadband.

I have since called customer services and they have said it is not possible. I would have to cancel everything and take out a new SIM-only contract.

Thanks for your help.