cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelation costs

4ngu5
Contributor
Contributor

Had a data only SIM for 8 months total and for the first 7 months it ran with little to no hitches at all. In the last 30days the service where I am has crossed into unreliable at best. As for my phone having a weak service isn't too much of an issue but using a data only SIM in a 4g router becomes a literal waste of money. 

Outside of cancelling and coughing up hundreds of pounds on something useless is there any sort of compensation possible? believe it or not I didn't sign up for a service that at times doesn't work at all. 

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

As a first check, you should report the degradation in service - use the "check status" & "report a problem" link on https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee and, if no resolution, via CS.

You need to give EE the opportunity to investigate and rectify your service issues first.

Already done and dusted, did all of that last week.

The narrative since then has changed from "what is wrong" to "how do I escape" as clearly no issue was found 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The previous advice was based on the information first posted.

The broad brush answer is that the T&C's don't guarantee coverage in any location and that temporary faults are not normally a basis for fee-free contract cancellation.

I would recommend you continue to discuss your specific circumstances with CS. Ideally an issue can be identified and rectified.

That would be the best case, yes. I am somewhat assuming that EE wouldn't go out of their way for me hence I am already thinking about the multiple hundreds of pounds I would be screwed out of because of a unreliable service.  

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

It's worth having a call to discuss this, @4ngu5

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Contact EE

Chris