Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can EE access my old number

Ignition
Contributor
Contributor

Please move this to the correct section if I am in the wrong one. Thank you

I ended my contract with EE when it came to and end at the beginning of this year, but on an account i needed access to which has security, it sends a security code to my EE number, which I do not have access to anymore. 

I am asking if a code is sent to that number, is there anyway EE support can access  a code thats been sent to that number at all? This may be a stupid question but there is no harm in trying.

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your number has been terminated, it is no longer yours.

Any online site which relies on OTP for passing verification, should have an alternative means.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If your number has been terminated, it is no longer yours.

Any online site which relies on OTP for passing verification, should have an alternative means.

Thank you for your reply. It's truly appreciated

They ask for other means which I dont have anymore, like an old bank card and old transaction. Pretty stupid to be honest, but I should have changed my number before my EE ended but I didnt think to at all.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The online site which wants to send an OTP should have a way to change the no. it is sent to, after probably 1st verifying it's yours.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
davecres1
Contributor
Contributor

Once the number has been terminated it goes into quarantine for 6 months I believe so can't be re-issued to you or anyone else. After that it goes back into their pool of usable numbers. Any SMS sent to your old number would just bounce on deactivation.