cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi dead spot help

TommoThomson
Explorer

I'm a new EE Broadband user and have a Gigafast line, but can't get a WiFi signal to the back of my property. 

The main reason for this is I have 3 solid brick walls between my EE hub and the back of the house, which not surprisingly is causing my WiFi dead zone. 

As a result I'm looking at buying a TP-Link Deco mesh package, but before dropping the cash on it wanted to know. 

Will this play nicely with the EE hub, once connected via one of the RJ45 port?

Also can I leave the EE Hub WiFi on or is it better to disable this and just run the WiFi from the Deco setup? 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

If you are not after DV, you should be able connect the primary Mesh disc straight into the ONT leaving out the EE SH+.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I would still need to use the EE router, as I use a combination of WiFi and wired devices in the home. 

So my plan would be to leave the wired part of the network running through the EE hub. 

Then I was going to add the mesh to manage the WiFi devices in the home, which hopefully will ensure the entire home will be covered with a WiFi coverage. 

As I don't want multiple wireless networks I think the EE wireless part of the hub needs to be turned off, as I can manage that through the mesh network.

I'm just hoping it's a plug and play deal and the EE hub will let me just connect the Deco to it. Then with the WiFi off on the EE hub my wireless devices will see the Deco network, which will pull their access to the outside via my EE to Deco connection 🤞