Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Voice - Caller ID not working

juiceof2limes
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi.

Moved from BT to EE on 27th November. 

Noticed that Digital Voice is not providing Caller ID to either my original phones or those registered to the Smart Hub itself, so they come up as Withheld.  A recent call from another landline came up on the phone as unsubscribed.

I have reset base, also rebooted Smart Hub Plus.  So the issue must lie within EE infrastructure not providing Caller ID.

I am sure this was working initially but certainly not now.   

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Martin

7 REPLIES 7
Mustrum
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@juiceof2limes   I would get in touch with the support team, you can find out how from this help page.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/broadband-landline 

Let us know how you get on.

juiceof2limes
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Been in touch with support, awaiting a resolution. Will update when this is hopefully resolved.

Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @juiceof2limes

Thanks for posting back.  Sorry for the problems you're having with Caller ID.

Feel free to come back and let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Robbie

juiceof2limes
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Caller ID appears to be working again now. When speaking with helpdesk yesterday evening, he could not tell me exactly what was wrong but he said the system he needed to get into required a manger with access or something and to leave it with them.  Not had any communication back today, but just on a whim tried calling home from mobile and appears issue is resolved as Caller ID number now appearing.

Airfone
Investigator
Investigator

JPRTELS

I've had exactly the same problem as described above. Since migrating from BT to EE in mid-November, I've lost both the Caller ID and Voicemail facilities on my BT Digital home phones. Despite three long discussions with BT/EE help staff, the problem has not been resolved. At the end of each call I've been told the matter has been referred to the "back room" team. Can anyone advise how I can escalate the issue to the appropriate management level?

MRB1610
Visitor

I had the same problem.  The support guy found that a ‘refresh of your account’ will reset it and, sure enough, after he actioned this I now receive caller-ids.

re voicemail. I have a voicemail phone which records messages and flashed when there’s any unread. This stopped working because EE automatically provide their own email.  So, in my account, I set the voicemail delay to ‘long’, which means that my home system  cuts in first.  Solved.

Hi, thanks for your message. By coincidence, or was it? my caller
display problem was also resolved yesterday by a simple "refresh" of my
EE account. From my records I had spent over five hours fruitless
talking to at least six different members of the EE Technical support
team since reporting the problem at the end of last November. This
couldn't have done their performance stats much good. Given that Caller
ID is not a separable cost item on my account I think it will be
difficult to claim any redress for my wasted time but that won't stop me
trying.

Regards

"Airfone"