cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT! How do I get through to speak with someone at EE - RE: Broadband

Sunny_G
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve recently switched from BT Business to EE, but there’s an issue with my account number / reference and I really need some clarification. Have been trying for DAYS to speak with someone - different days, different times etc. - but the line just rings for 2 minutes then goes dead.

I’ve now received an email saying that if I don’t pay the amount outstanding by the day after tomorrow, my Broadband Account will be suspended…!!! I didn’t get my new router until 16/04/2024 and only set it up the next day on the 17/04/2024 so I’ve had this ‘new service’ for virtually no time at all…!

I’m also having difficulty negotiating the on-line system too - hence the need to speak with someone to guide me through it. 

I can’t tell you how frustrating this is - just how many hours I have wasted trying to get through to speak with someone and really need this sorted as soon as possible before I get cut off through no fault of my own - I can’t be without broadband…!

Does anyone have any suggestions of the best number to contact someone on?

Many thanks… 

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. (Opt 2) in my sig.

You pay bills 1 month in advance + for 1st bill the time since BB went live.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Dear XRaySpeX

Thank you very much for your response… 

I DID finally manage to get through to speak with someone - by phoning the ‘Sales’ Team and then someone transferred me to EE Residential. Turns out there was / is a system error on my account and an engineer was trying to fix it in the background - would take 5 to 7 working days to sort out. So, in  desperation, I paid my bill outstanding over the phone by credit card… Not ideal - as still couldn’t access my account to see the actual bill - but at least my account wasn’t going to be suspended… 

Now, here I am again - a couple of weeks later - and in the SAME position…! 
Have been trying again for DAYS to get through, without success… 
Tried the Feephone number you suggested - 0800 079 8586 - but get the ‘standard’ automated response ‘your call is in a queue for an adviser and will be answered as soon as possible…. etc…’ Then the line goes dead after 2 mins of holding…

Texting ‘support’ to 150 - is undelivered…

Phoning 150 - gets the same automated response - ie ‘your call is in a queue for an advisor… etc’

Have also tried:

BT Billing - 07953 966 250  /  EE Main Enquiries - 0330 123 1105  /  EE Upgrades 07953 966 150  /  Join EE  0800 956 6000  -  ALL with the same automated  response - regardless of which option I choose, or phone I use! Have tried using both landline and mobile phone - and even a DIFFERENT mobile phone! But as soon as I put in my landline number - ie the number associated with my Broadband - I feel there is ‘something’ automated in the system that just WON’T let me progress… ALL I want to do is pay my Bill…!!!

If ANYONE from EE Billing or EE Technical is reading this, I have a Ref: No. from my last telephone conversation on 7th May - RITM 0445263. Please could you check out the details and PLEASE get in contact with me, thank you. I STILL can’t access my EE Broadband Account - although I DID manage to pay my EE Mobile Bill on 21st May - and I’m reluctant to pay YET AGAIN by Credit Card over the phone, without first seeing my Bill…!

Once again, XRaySpeX, thanks for the response and the information - although I’m not sure what all the other stuff at the end of your message relates to… ?
                      ”ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Many thanks, and best regards… 

Sunny_G
Investigator
Investigator

Have now made a formal complaint… 

It’s TOTALLY unfair that I should incur late payment costs or have a poor credit rating JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN ACCOUNT ONLINE! All I want to do is pay my Bill…!!!

All you have to do is look at my telephone records to see JUST how many times I’ve tried to get through!!!

FYI… This is what I’ve written in my complaint…

“I am DESPERATE to pay my latest Broadband Bill, but can’t access my Broadband Account On-Line and NONE of the Customer Service Numbers allow me to get through to speak with someone! I recently switched from BT Business to BT Residential / EE for Landline, Broadband and Mobiles x 2 and it’s been an absolute shambles! I have spent HOURS over MANY days on the phone trying to get through - I REALLY can’t keep doing this.
On 7th May - after receiving an email threatening to suspend my Broadband Account - I finally got through to someone by trying the ‘Sales’ number and was then transferred. Was told there was a fault on my account and the Technical Team will sort it out in 5 to 7 working days, so took payment by Credit Card over the phone. I STILL can’t access my Broadband Acount on-line (although I DID manage to pay x 2 Mobile Bills on 21st May) and reluctant to pay yet another Broadband Bill over the phone without seeing it first!
Tried ALL the numbers I could find for EE, without ANY luck - all I get is the ‘standard’ automated response ‘your call is in a queue for an adviser and will be answered as soon as possible. etc…’ Then the line goes dead after 2 mins of holding.
Have tried the Feephone number someone suggested on the EE Community Forum - 0800 079 8586 - but get the same standard response.
Texting ‘support’ to 150 - is undelivered.
Phoning 150 - gets the same automated response - ie ‘your call is in a queue for an advisor… etc’
Have also tried:
BT Billing - 07953 966 250 / EE Main Enquiries - 0330 123 1105 / EE Upgrades 07953 966 150 / Join EE 0800 956 6000 - ALL with the same automated response - regardless of which option I choose, or phone I use! Have tried using both landline and mobile phone - and even a DIFFERENT mobile phone! But as soon as I put in my landline number - ie the number associated with my Broadband - I feel there is ‘something’ automated in the system that just WON’T let me progress. BTW, your automated system seems to associate my landline and x2 mobiles with an account ending ‘XX70’ which was closed back in March (!) - As far as I know, my current EE Account ends in XX13 (!) and THIS is what I paid for by Credit Card on 7th May. I DON’T want to incur late payment costs or have a poor credit rating JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT ONLINE! All I want to do is pay my Bill…!!!
If ANYONE from EE Billing or EE Technical is reading this, I have a Case Ref. No. from my last telephone conversation on 7th May - RITM 0445263. Please could you check out the details and PLEASE get in contact with me URGENTLY, thank you.”

You may also be interested to know that this ‘shambles’ has been going on since 23rd Feb 2024, when I decided to transfer from BT Business to BT Residential / EE, for my Landline, Broadband and x 2 SIM Cards, for 2 mobile phones. No wonder I feel exhausted… It’s been the WORST customer service I have EVER experienced -  not only because I was initially given misleading and inconsistent information - but also because I discovered that I was having to move between TWO companies - BT and EE - NEITHER had access to the other company’s details and I wasn’t even sure whether I was still dealing with BT or EE at times!  I am SURE it would have been easier to have had a complete break and have moved to a completely different company. Also, because of all the ‘automation’ of the BT / EE telephone menus, once the system has decided ‘it doesn’t like you’, it won’t let you progress. I have found it virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get through to speak with someone about the issues on my account, which are clearly NONE of my doing - without having to somehow try and ‘cheat’ the system first… And now even this ‘sneaky backdoor’ doesn’t seem to be available to me as NONE of the EE Customer Service Numbers or Contact Details via text seem to work now either… !  How else am I supposed to contact you for help?!

For a ‘communications company’, you REALLY are DREADFUL at it… 

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Sunny_G If know one from EE customer support looks at your post then you will get NO help. In all of your attempts to contact EE via Mobile or Landline calling is there a choice to just hang on and speak to CS. Your accounts look a mess from your post. This forum is NOT customer support. 

Sunny_G
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve been at this for hours / days / weeks now… And I STILL can’t access my EE Broadband on-line account to pay my latest bill… 

Have now made a formal complaint, but could take days before anyone gets back to me, and I REALLY don’t want my account suspended… !

It’s TOTALLY unfair that I should incur late payment costs or have a poor credit rating JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT ACCESS MY OWN ACCOUNT ONLINE! All I want to do is pay my Bill…!!!

All EE have to do is look at my telephone records to see JUST how many times I’ve tried to get through!!! I am DESPERATE to pay my latest Broadband Bill, but can’t access my Broadband Account On-Line and now NONE of the Customer Service Numbers allow me to get through to speak with someone! I recently switched from BT Business to BT Residential / EE for Landline, Broadband and Mobiles x 2 and it’s been an absolute shambles! I have spent HOURS over MANY days on the phone trying to get through - I REALLY can’t keep doing this.

In desperation, I paid last month’s bill by Credit Card over the phone, to avoid having my account suspended (!) - all without seeing my on-line bill first - which had attracted a late payment fee. It turns out there was a technical error on my account which was going to be fixed in the background, but now the same thing has happened again, however I can’t even get through to someone to discuss it!

Tried ALL the numbers I could find for EE, without ANY luck - all I get is the ‘standard’ automated response ‘your call is in a queue for an adviser and will be answered as soon as possible. etc…’ Then the line goes dead after 2 mins of holding.
Have tried the Feephone number someone suggested on the EE Community Forum - 0800 079 8586 - but get the same standard response.
Texting ‘support’ to 150 - is undelivered.
Have also tried:
BT Billing - 07953 966 250 / EE Main Enquiries - 0330 123 1105 / EE Upgrades 07953 966 150 / Join EE 0800 956 6000 - ALL with the same automated response - regardless of which option I choose, or phone I use! Have tried using both landline and mobile phone - and even a DIFFERENT mobile phone! But as soon as I put in my landline number - ie the number associated with my Broadband Account - I feel there is ‘something’ automated in the system that just WON’T let me progress. BTW, the EE automated system seems to associate my landline and x2 mobiles SIM Cards with an account ending ‘XX70’ which was closed back in March (!) - As far as I know, my current EE Account ends in XX13 (!) and THIS is what I paid for by Credit Card on 7th May. I DON’T want to incur late payment costs or have a poor credit rating JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT ONLINE! All I want to do is pay my Bill…!!!

This‘shambles’ has been going on since 23rd Feb 2024, when I decided to transfer from BT Business to BT Residential / EE, for my Landline, Broadband and x 2 SIM Cards, for 2 mobile phones. No wonder I feel exhausted… It’s been the WORST customer service I have EVER experienced -  not only because I was initially given misleading and inconsistent information - but also because I discovered that I was having to move between TWO companies - BT and EE - NEITHER had access to the other company’s details and I wasn’t even sure at times whether I was still dealing with BT or EE !   I am SURE it would have been easier to have had a complete break and have moved to a completely different company. Also, because of all the ‘automation’ of the BT / EE telephone menus, once the system has decided ‘it doesn’t like you’, it won’t let you progress. I have found it virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get through to speak with someone about the issues on my account, which are clearly NONE of my doing - without having to somehow try and ‘cheat’ the system first - I eventually phoned up ‘New Business / Sales’ and got them to transfer me to Customer Services… But now even this ‘sneaky backdoor’ doesn’t seem to be available to me as NONE of the EE Customer Service Numbers or Contact Details via text seem to work now either… !  How else am I supposed to contact EE for help???!!!

If ANYONE from EE Billing or EE Technical is reading this, I have a Case Ref. No. from my last telephone conversation on 7th May - RITM 0445263. Please could you check out the details and PLEASE get in contact with me URGENTLY, thank you.”

For a ‘communications company’, EE REALLY are DREADFUL at it… 

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Sunny_G : Didn't you have to set up auto payment by DD or bank card when you signed up? I thought it was mandatory for BB.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@JimM11  Many thanks for the response…  And I REALLY appreciate your comments… 

Unfortunately, in my recent experiences, there is NO choice of just hanging on the line to speak with Customer Services…  It rings for around 2 minutes and then the line goes dead… I’ve then said ‘hello’, ‘hello’ multiple times, but there is still no response… Have even tried pressing the ‘star’ key (*) and ‘hash’ key (#), but without any success… Hence my frustration… 

I CANNOT seem to get through to speak with / contact anyone… The EE system is so ‘automated’ - ie, I’m guessing it now ‘recognises’ my phone number - it just won’t let me through… 

I have now raised a complaint (but that could take days), and have posted yet another post on the EE Community Forum (STILL can’t get access to my on-line account) - in the vague hope that SOMEONE Technical / Customer Services sees my difficulties and comes to my rescue… 

My worry is that because I am unable to get through to anyone to pay my bill, I will simply be seen as a ‘bad’ customer - which isn’t the case at all - and my broadband account will be suspended. BTW, I DELIBERATELY didn’t set up a ‘Direct Debit’ when I opened my initial EE order, as I wanted to check the bill on-line first to make sure it was what was agreed - but I haven’t even been able to do that yet. 

Yes, I agree, my account is an absolute mess, but have no other way of feeding any information back to Customer Services as the system is so automated - and have rung back countless times trying different options, but still can’t get through… 

It’s an absolutely crazy mess… 

Not what you want from a ‘communications company’, is it… ?

Next option, I suppose, is Martin Lewis - The People’s Champion / Consumer Guru… 

That is, if my account doesn’t get suspended first… I REALLY can’t tell you just HOW frustrating, disappointing, and TIME CONSUMING this all is…

Thanks again though for your input and support… It really is VERY much appreciated… 👍👍👍

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Sunny_G If you know you account number which from your post i think you do, there is no reason to not call your bank and set up a DD yourself. Pay what you were advised as to your broadband bill. Did you not get any e-mail conformation when your account was started even after they corrected the e-mail address?  Please ignore the DD next post from XraySpex explains EE has to set it up. Try the text see if you can get call back....

Contact us about your broadband and landline

Text EE for a call back

If you need help with your broadband, text HELP to 66033

If you need help with your landline, text PHONE to 66033

Charges may apply at your standard rate.
  1. We’ll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on.
  2. If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 minutes to book a slot.
  3. If you don’t need an engineer, we’ll call you within 30 minutes to help solve your issue.

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 8pm

Call us

Monday to Friday, 8am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 8pm

From your EE mobile

From any other phone

0330 123 1105

Calls are free from an EE number. Charges may apply if you call from another network.
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@JimM11 : You can't set up a DD at your bank yourself; only a SO. It's for the co. to set up a DD.