cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi control not working on the app

Mrjhopper
Explorer

I have purchased a the new smart hub + to make my life easier, working from home and to have a more stable Internet connection, I have paid more money for the service and it doesn't work in full, the WiFi control is not allowing me on, any fixes? 

7 REPLIES 7
Liamward98
Explorer

It’s a known on going issue. I have had it for over 40 days. If you research it many have the same issue. It’s not good news. Many have spent hours on the phone but ee do not know what is wrong.

Cissie77
Investigator
Investigator

Me too I am having trouble with my EE smart hub just got it over a week now, moved from BT broadband to this, I have sky glass tv all my app not connected it keeps saying technical fault try again, I can’t see Netflix, Disney, ITVX,  BBCIPLAYER  etc… only Apple TV app connecting so far!! So on my phone and the all tv’s in the house are smart tv also having same issues!! EE not helpful over the phone!?!? I was told they were problems outside the open reach were dealing with it! But still have that issue going on… EE app doesn’t solve the issue why we can’t connect to the tv’s  app or phone devices on app there are no instructions on the settings on the app, it seems like is blocked to connect!!!

PLEASE EE SORT THIS UP WE NEED THE ANSWER AS SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THOSE TECHNICAL FAULTS IN HERE!!!

@Cissie77 : Problems outside that OR are dealing with have nowt to do with WiFi Controls not working. That is EE's responsibility.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

IMG_2394.jpeg

IMG_2395.png

IMG_2393.png

Those are the problems, I know is nothing to do with OR but why can’t I open those app while connected to Wi-Fi @XRaySpeX 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cissie77 : As said by others, it is a known ongoing issue that EE is investigating.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Are we going to be refunded for the fact we can't use the product as we should? Until it's fixed, it makes no sense why one paying more money.