cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless App where Wi-Fi control does not work

garthjs
Contributor
Contributor

I was lured to move to EE with the promise of a fabulous app that allows you to control access. I moved from BT where this was done on the router as it would give me better controls for managing my children’s access. Since moving they have had a free for all as nothing works to control access. Managing it from the router is blocked and the app doesn’t work. I have had countless calls with EE and it’s always going to be escalated. Reality is, it seems I’m not the only one having this issue. My broadband and 5 mobile contracts are with EE, and right now I feel like moving to a company who can just be honest rather than trying to fob me off all the time 

15 REPLIES 15
garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@garthjs I sympathise mate, because I'm having a whole catalogue of problems since moving from BT to EE (see here). I think I'm going to move back. BT might only offer WiFi 5, rather than WiFi 6, but at least it works!

Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @garthjs

Welcome to the EE Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having managing your Wi-fi controls.  We'll be able to pick up and help from here.  I'll send you a message privately in a moment.  Please respond to that with the info I've asked for and we'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Robbie

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Robbie-Mac Is there actually a resolution to be had here? My case is still with BT/EE Executive Complaints, and my contact there keeps me updated by telling me that he's still waiting for an update from the technical team. I'm seeing you posting quite a lot saying you're sending DMs to people, but still a lot of people saying the have issues. If there's a solution you know of, please could you share it with us in this forum?

garthjs
Contributor
Contributor

All this has achieved was being passed onto the technical team, who can't solve the issue. There are only so many times i can reset the router, delete the app, and expect it to magically start working. 

EE are not able to actully tell me what they are doing to fix the issue of selling me something and me not recieving whats been sold. 

gp20231
Visitor

I also have the same issue.app not working. No control over kids devices. Several calls to ee have got me nowhere

garthjs
Contributor
Contributor

I was told people are back from holiday so we should have a fix soon. Should have been right from the start. 

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@garthjs Thanks for sharing this. If what they have told you is true, therein lies the problem: EE is too big to be allowing a single point of failure in its app development, by having a team of developers who can all go on leave at once!

EE closed the complaint and nothing is fixed. Useless

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @garthjs,

I am so sorry that this is still open. TMC had this in hand and were meant to get this fixed for you.

Your complaint is still open but I couldn't see any other follow up from TMC so I've raised a ticket to them again. They should look at this over the next few days and contact you.

Thank you

Daniel-S