Unable to merge accounts

hobbitbrain
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an EE mobile account for a few months and about five weeks ago I transferred from BT to EE for broadband and TV as well. I have two account numbers, one for mobile and one for broadband/TV. If I login to the EE TV app, the EE app or the EE website my TV and broadband account is not recognised so I cannot view content I am paying for and can only see details of my mobile account. I cannot merge my account details and EE have not been able to do it yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
TG1967
Investigator
Investigator

Yes  am in the same boat. Been three months now and they keep promising it will be sorted.  I have the package which includes Netflix but I have continued to be charged by Netflix because I need the activation code that was not sent to me by email either. EE tell me I can get the code on my Broadband account when I log in but as I cannot actually log in I am stuck. Last conversation I had with some one from EE they told me it was a technical error that would be sorted on 10th April but so far nothing has changed.

hobbitbrain
Contributor
Contributor

My problem was fixed by EE yesterday, a few days after my last call to discuss the issue. After multiple calls including failed attempts to fix the problem, I finally was able to talk to someone who could get something done.  The person I spoke to said that they would be able to merge my EE accounts without me having to do anything and that proved to be correct.

TG1967
Investigator
Investigator

Yes they told me the same thing only it hasn't happened still. I went away on holiday for a week and was assured it would be sorted within 72 hours. On my return it is still the same, except now I can't even get the One Time Passcode sent to me for some reason so now it locks me out when I try to sign in because I've requested too many passcodes in a short period of time! I am reaching the end of my tether here and it's frustrating cos you never get to speak to the same person twice. So getting angry wouldn't help but I really want to shout at someone to get this sorted once and for all.

TG1967
Investigator
Investigator

It's also confusing trying  to use their telephone system. first thing it wants to know is whether it's a broadband or a mobile issue and honestly I don't know how to answer as it's really both/neither it's an account issue and they don't seem to have that as an option. So sometimes I end up speaking to someone on the broadband technical team and sometimes to mobile team and both teams claim not to be responsible but can pass on messages to the ones who are responsible to sort it out. This means you never actually get to speak to someone who can help you real time and every time you end a call you have to wait 72 hours to find out if anything is being done (which it usually isn't so you have to start again!)

TG1967
Investigator
Investigator

Sorry about the rant just needed to get that off my chest LOL