cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE Router keeps Restarting

thesecretcandle
Investigator
Investigator

same problem here. did you get any help?

"love" how they increase the prices though...

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @thesecretcandle  if you let us know more about what issues you are having we may be able to help.

Is this a new broadband service?

Which speeds do you have

Which router, and what happens to the lights?

Have you tried the phone line, is it working ok?

How often are the drops, and are you able to log in and post the advanced router stats?

The contract started in sept 2021

I’m getting 30mbps average

It’s an EE Smart Hub
The lights start flashing a yellowish colour when there is no internet.

Drops are happening about 5-6 times a day from the start of contract.

I don’t have a phone.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Have you spoken to our technical support team, @thesecretcandle?

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@thesecretcandle : Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings > System > DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
thesecretcandle
Investigator
Investigator

Never mind, I’m cancelling the services now that Virgin is on the street 😉. It’s too time consuming and too much hassle especially for the price/service ratio compared to other providers. Let me be clear, you offer just above 20Mb/s for £30.50 a month and a lot of disconnects compared to Virgin’s 1045Mb/s for £60 a month. How is that fare?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @thesecretcandle

I would suggest giving us a call on 0800 079 8586 and the team will be happy to get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

I would like to close this account please. I don't want to go through the hassle of calling or following up on any "suggestions".

As you can probably see I haven't used your services since October 2022, that is how bad your services had been. But no one called to ask whether anything is wrong. I guess, as long as money keeps rolling in...

When I subscribe or buy something I expect it to work. I'm not working for yourselves so you can to sit around all day getting paid to suggest things.  EE was the worst experience in all areas so far 👎

Please take this as an official request to close my account. You've been informed and I will stop my direct debit. I only expect a final bill.

🤣too much work for the money I pay. All good though, as EE had been crossed off our list indefinitely.

You forgot I'm paying you, not the other way around. Problems had been fixed since I moved to Virgin Media in October 2022.

This is just a user discussion forum. By posting here you are not notifying EE of anything but just informing a few of its users. You're not paying me!

As you no longer want any EE BB at your location, you phone EE on the Freephone no. (Opt 3) in my sig. and give 14 days notice.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)