Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with EE app - managing services

Kaiser-sosa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I’m also having many issues with  the app & hub manager & WiFi extenders, 6 weeks in & no resolution or support from EE after many calls, technical help staff on the phone are poorly trained & are unable to answer or resolve any issues, they have sent me emails showing my set up but they cannot see any WiFi extenders on the network & they don’t know why! 

EE sent a tech out who never even knew about the new package and routers/ extenders a wasted visit, he couldn’t even log into the hub manager hard wired straight to his laptop 😂

Can’t manage anything in the app, shows devices connected via Ethernet for example Amazon Alexa this is not possible, have a tv that’s hard wired but the app tells me it’s connected to a WiFi disc via WiFi ,phone not connected to broadband is a daily message in the app .speed test crashes , Cannot turn on the safety features in the app , connected devices on the app are not is sync with the mapping on the hub manager, & vice versa ,the app shows devices connected to the WiFi extenders when you tap on the extender in the app it shows no devices connected.🤣

WiFi  extenders do not show on the EE hub manager interface & devices that are connected to the network are not all shown on the hub manager interface. 
The app always reminds me of this brilliant package I have with loads of features which don’t work 🤬

The hub we have has been under test for two years yet it feels like we’re using a beta version of the app,router,extenders and hub manager interface. 

The only things that seems to work really well in the app is the function to notify me that I have to pay £69.99 and what date they will be extracting the money from my account  well done EE ! Give yourselves a round of applause 👏 

probably should have waited for vodaphones 2.2gbs symmetrical package and got some third party routers, because what I have with EE for a premium package is really poor to say the least.  

2 REPLIES 2
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kaiser-sosa

Welcome to the EE Community and thank you for your post!  I have moved your post to create your own thread discussion.

I am sorry for the problems you're having using the app to manage your services and for the length of time this has been going on.  We'll be able to pick up from here and help you out with the service issues.  We'll personally manage the complaint from here and we'll keep the complaint open until you're happy that everything has been addressed and resolved to your satisfaction.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Kaiser-sosa
Contributor
Contributor

Latest update as of 21/02/2024

The hub manager is at least 2 firmware updates behind the current version, hence the network mapping is not in sync with the app mapping, the app still has many issues for me none of which have been resolved to date, cannot turn on safe search , still getting not connected to my wifi, mapping is all over the place, says Amazon Alexa is connected via ethernet, speed test crashes most of the time, still have a cloning issue of wifi extenders EE have confirmed this is something they are aware of & there is a team looking into things.

I have 3 wifi extenders on the second floor & I never get more than 2 bars of wifi on portable devices, ive also never seen anything connected to the wifi extenders bar an Amazon Alexa via ethernet which is not possible, the app shows 5 devices connected to a study extender when I open the extender no devices connected.

I have now received a letter guiding me to contact the Ombudsman which I have done.