cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line installation

WBAbaggiesfan
Visitor

I am considering moving from Virgin Fibre Broadband to EE Fibre Broadband when current contract finishes.

However, we have no BT phone line inside our property, it’s connected from a telegraph pole in the  street to our gable end but goes no further.

Will EE arrange further connection i.e cabling into our loft space and down to a connection socket  in our living room?

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@WBAbaggiesfan   Yes they will.   You’ll probably find that the cable from the pole has to be replaced also,  I had this done when I switched to EE BB. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No new landlines are being sold now. You could order EE Fibre BB without Landline.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@WBAbaggiesfan   you need to be very careful and make sure you do your research and make sure any move to another supplier can provide the services and speeds you need. As mentioned the old phone network is no longer available to new customers, but a new digital service may be available in some areas, but no all. Also speeds available over copper lines may not be sufficient for your needs.

To see what EE is able to offer scroll down the following page and enter your address. https://ee.co.uk/broadband 

Bear in mind other suppliers that do not use the Openreach network may also be available - has anyone been digging up the pavements near you?