cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect EE FTTP to TP Link Deco mesh

JJ2607
Explorer

I have had EE FTTP installed today. Previously I was on Virgin BB. I used to have a TP Link Deco mesh for Wi-Fi (Deco P9 connected by ethernet cable to Virgin hub with Wi-Fi disabled - modem-only mode).

Any advice on how I connect the Deco mesh to EE broadband? I have read on other posts that I don't need to use the EE Hub and the Deco can be plugged direct into the ONT modem, but that it requires an EE username and password to be input that can be obtained from the EE Hub's Technical Information page. On that page, I can see a username (bthomehub@btbroadband.com), but no password. I've seen it suggested on BT forums that the generic password is either "BT" or left blank?

Now to my real problem: I can't see anywhere to add a username and password to the Deco. The Deco app Advanced Settings has nowhere I can find to configure the PPPoE settings. The Deco is in Wi-Fi Router mode (and says that the Deco connects to the internet directly via Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE, etc.). On the Deco admin web page it has the settings displayed, but nothing for PPPoE and nowhere to make any changes.

All help gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@JJ2607  Which Deco system do you have?

Do you have an option to configure it via a browser which normally gives more options.

Otherwise, you already have the right info.

JJ2607
Explorer

I think I've answered my own question, but I'll leave this post here in case it helps anyone else.

I wasn't connected to the Deco Wi-Fi when I was trying to access the settings (I'd connected to the EE Wi-Fi). Once connected to the Deco Wi-Fi, I could add the PPPoE username and password ("BT") in the Deco App: Internet Connection> IPv4 Connection> Internet Connection Type> PPPoE.

All *seems* to be working good now. No changes needed to the settings for the existing Deco mesh network that I had used on Virgin broadband.