Faulty Router?

debus68
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi there, since upgrading and receiving the new Wifi 6 Smart Hub Plus we’ve had a few issues and want to know wether it’s a fault with this router as I have tested my connection with a different router and neither of these current things exist.

The first issue is that on 2 different PCs connected via ethernet they take roughly 30 seconds after the PC turned on to acquire internet which means any start up apps fail due to the fact that they require internet to start. 

Then the other issue is that the WiFi on this router connects instantly and fixes that first problem but then games such as the new Modern Warfare 3 will not allow me to play as they keep getting networking failed and will not allow you to login, this issue does not persist on the other router i used to test on WiFi. My only way to get call of duty to work on the EE Router Wifi was spamming the rescan channel button on the 5ghz on the wifi as channel 100 does not allow you to connect to call of duty but this is very painful as the channel keeps changing back to 100 meaning most times I go on the game I have to do this to change the channel. Then when it finally connects with the EE router it really badly lags on call of duty every few seconds. 

Is there anyway that my router is faulty?

0 REPLIES 0