Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee home app not connecting

Benfg
Explorer

Hi all,

I have an issue with the ee home app.

It was working perfectly fine. I had set everything up no problems at all. Then the fibre engineer came out and installed the fibre line. Now I cannot get the app to move past the message "it wasnt possible to connect to the network. Please try again."

I can login via the ip address, and all the connected devices have full internet access. However,  the one feature I need is only available in the app, and that is the control of access.

I have tried reinstalling the app, clearing cache etc to no avail. It's the same modem, the only change is the move from the telephone line connection to the fibre connection.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

7 REPLIES 7
Benfg
Explorer

Solved.

I had turned the router's light off. I turned it back on and the app worked straight away.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

👍

@Benfg   The lights on the router shouldn’t affect the usage of the home app.   Happy you got it working though. 

Hello, 

When you say turned the light off and back on again, you mean reboot, right? 

How can you turn off the light without turning the router off?

I am having the same problem and about to reboot the router as I cannot access the hub via the app to change passwords and suchlike. 

Foz79
Visitor

I have the same issue. Can’t log into the home app. Router working fine. Internet good. Can’t log directly onto the router but can’t on the home app. Did you get it sorted? 

@Foz79 : Which router do you have? The EE Home app is only intended for the white EE Smart Router. It does not work with the latest black EE Smart Hub Plus which is handled by the EE app under Manage WiFi Controls.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
RhyanTara
Investigator
Investigator

Same issue, can connect via online portal, but home app is useless. Why can't it just all go thought he portal instead of having to use a 3rd party app?

@RhyanTara : The EE Home app is only intended for the white EE Smart Router. It not meant to work with the latest black EE Smart Hub Plus that you have, which is handled by the EE app under Manage WiFi Controls.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)