cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Smart Hub Plus turning off and on

Jimmy198080
Explorer

Hello there,

I have recently renewed my broadband contract. I was with BT but I got offered new terms under EE now. 
Same service Fibre 900. I received new Hub from EE and basically was told to swap BT hub with New EE over which I did. 
Since i started using EE Smart Hub Plus I’ve noticed lots of hub turn offs/on’s

so basically i am using same devices at home as before, speed is great no speed loss or whatever but hub light keep going green then blue again and everything working fine for couple of minutes and then same thing happens over and over. 
i called ee technical support and was told that line looks fine without any faults. I said that something like this never happened when I was using BT Smart Hub 2 so i was told to swap them over if i haven’t sent BT devices back which I haven’t. 
I reconnected BT hub and no problems at all. Using BT Hub currently over 2 weeks now not even one disconnect. 
what can be wrong with that EE Hub ? Why BT hub working perfectly fine and EE hub going green/blue all the time ? 
Any suggestions please ??

2 REPLIES 2
LiamEE
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I had this issue not so long ago, None of the EE supplied Roiters would work with my connection but any third party Router would, I just kept getting a solid amber light but the ONT lights was all solid green lights stating the broadband is active. Had a new router sent out and It did the same thing, Inhad to get a BT engineer to come out and reset the line and now the EE routers work.

Ok thanks for reply mate.. will call EE after Easter break and ask them to send someone.