cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Captive Portal not loading

ImeowgineMe
Visitor

Hi, I recently bought the £39 for 30 days of Wifi. It worked for a day on my laptop, and then stopped working afterwards. Every other device I’ve tried using has worked. Essentially, I connect to the Wifi, and it doesn’t redirect me to the log in page, nor does it give me the option to be redirected there. When I try to use the browser, I’m registered as not having any Wifi, and therefore can’t search anything as it claims I’m not connected to the internet. I tried using the mobile data from my phone, and then using the redirect suggested on the website, logged in, disconnected from the Wifi I was using and logged into EE - still no Wifi. Again, everything else works just fine, excluding my laptop.

Asking around on other online forums, I was told that whilst I have an IP, for some reason the Captive Portal isn’t loading. 

If anyone knows how to help, please do. I won’t have Wifi for a month, and £39 is a lot of money. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What device are you talking about? What's a "Captive Portal"? URL please.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi, @ImeowgineMe welcome to the community, and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're having trouble connecting to EE WiFi on your laptop. 

These are the steps to connect to the Hotspot. 

First, connect to the EE WiFi network.

A EE WiFi SSID (network name) will appear in your device's available wireless networks list when you're in range of a hotspot. You can find your nearest hotspot here.

On your mobile device:

1. Select the Settings icon on your device
  2. Select WiFi (or Wireless & Networks) from the Settings menu
  3. Make sure WiFi is turned on
  4. From the list of available networks choose EE WiFi
  5. Once connected, you are on the EE WiFi network

On your desktop: click the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen and select EE WiFi from the drop-down menu.

Secondly, once connected to the EE WiFi network, you're ready to login to your closest EE WiFi hotspot and start using the internet. To login to a hotspot:

1. Once you join the EE WiFi network (steps above), a browser window will appear. If it doesn't, open your browser and type 'https://ee-wifi.ee.co.uk/public/ee' into your browser's address bar.

If you're an existing customer with an access account click the 'log in now' button and you'll be presented with 4 options in the drop down menu.

• EE Broadband account — Use this if you are a new EE Broadband customer
  • EE WiFi Voucher account — Use this if you're an existing EE WiFi voucher customer
  • BT Broadband account — Use this if you're an existing BT Broadband customer
  • BT Business Broadband account — Use this if you're an existing BT Business Broadband customer

You are now online and can start browsing.

On desktop or tablet devices, a new web browser window may open confirming you're connected. Minimise, rather than close, the web browser window - now you're ready to browse the internet.

If you've followed these steps and still need help please give us a call. 

Freefone

0800 022 33 22*

Technical help: Weekdays 8:00am - 9:00pm, weekends 8:00am - 8:00pm, including UK bank and public holidays

Outside UK

+44 132 556 0841**

Please remember: when you call, please give us your EE WiFi account number.

* Calls to 0800 numbers are free from UK landlines and mobiles. Mobile costs may vary. Check out bt.com/pricing for details.

** International number is charged at your telephone provider's international call rates.

EMAIL US

EE WiFi billing

EE WiFi general enquiries

Thanks

Neil