cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery+ Activation - No EE Mobile

Colinfbell5
Explorer

Hi, 

I feel like I have been going round and round in circles over the last 4 weeks with advisors filling in forms to try and resolve the issue but never getting further than that - I don’t know if anybody has any tips to get this resolved. 

I changed phone networks from EE just before the changeover from TNT sports to discovery plus and have since been unable to activate the account. I was accessing the TNT sport subscription via the Apple TV add-on to my EE home broadband plan however was never able to upgrade to Discovery+. 

Initially I was told that because I didn’t have an EE mobile number I was no longer eligible for the Sport subscription and that was why it would not activate however upon talking the agents through the t&c’s from the broadband contract it clearly stated that even without an active EE mobile you were entitled to discovery+ access for the length of your broadband contract. 
I continually get asked to try activating the account using the bt.com/sport/activate/discovery-plus however always come to with the same error code WB401 then when this does not work the agents kindly fill in a form for a back office team but it never gets further than this. 

I can’t be the only one to encounter such a situation so wondered if anybody has any advice on how to resolve! 

Thanks for your help 😀

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks James…unfortunately that’s where I seem to be going around in circles. I’m not sure if it’s correct but the agents say that only the original person who filled in the form can see the response or progress with it - as I’m sure you’d agree when you ring up it’s very rare that you speak to the same person twice - although it did happen once! - and so another form gets filled in and the circle starts again!! I will have to try this be more time I guess 😀

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Colinfbell5,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

The link you shared is the correct one for switching your existing BT Sport subscription over to TNT Sports.

I'd recommend contacting our Broadband Support Team to get an update on the support ticket they raised for you.

Thanks

James

Thanks James…unfortunately that’s where I seem to be going around in circles. I’m not sure if it’s correct but the agents say that only the original person who filled in the form can see the response or progress with it - as I’m sure you’d agree when you ring up it’s very rare that you speak to the same person twice - although it did happen once! - and so another form gets filled in and the circle starts again!! I will have to try this be more time I guess 😀

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Colinfbell5 

The team will check this for you see if they have an update for the ticket raised. 

Please let us know how you get on after speaking to the Broadband Support Team. 

Leanne.