cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect router to my laptop

Iain-84
Investigator
Investigator

Whenever I enter the password for my wifi I get a message either saying its incorrect or cant connect.

I had the same issue with the mobile until I scanned the QR code and so now it's ok, just need to connect the laptop. The Qr code showed the password I was putting in was correct but says its incorrect when I enter manually

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you see the router's SSID in your lappy's list of networks? If so, are you giving the router's WiFi pwd to it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I do see it and I am entering it yeah

& what happens?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I enter the password and it says connecting then either says what put in is incorrect or cannot connect to this network

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Are you able to connect other devices to the router using the password, @Iain-84? Are you entering it case-sensitive?

Chris

@Christopher_G wrote:

Are you able to connect other devices to the router using the password, @Iain-84? Are you entering it case-sensitive?

Chris

Yeah, my mobile is connected. For my mobile whenever I manually entered the password it said incorrect or cant connect just like on the laptop. However, I scanned the qr code and it connected fine

Christopher_G

Which router do you have, @Iain-84?

Chris

It is smart hub SH31B

Neil-O

Hi @Iain-84 are you sure it's the correct password that you're entering? For example, the letter o can be confused with the number 0. 

As you have access on your mobile a workaround may be to change the wifi password to something of your own choice. You can do this in the EE app by following these steps.

Open the EE app.
Select WiFi Controls from the Home screen.
On the dashboard tap the Smart Hub tile.
Select the three dots in the right-hand corner.
Tap Change WiFi Settings.
Enter your new password and tap Save.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil