Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Disconnected

lyonzo360
Investigator
Investigator

I moved from BT to EE 4 weeks ago

Over the last couple of weeks I've been receiving emails from EE to say that I've moved my broadband to a new supplier. Which I haven't.  After several conversations with support. I was told that it was a mistake and to ignore, the service will not be disconnected. Last week I receive in the post a new Sky Broadband Hub. On the box it says do not use until the activation date 8th Feb. ( just to add. My address different occupier name) Yesterday I contacted both EE and Sky to be told it was an error. EE said they could guarantee 100% i wouldn't be disconnected.  Guess What ? I wake up this morning. My internet has been disconnected. I got straight on the phone to support who put me through to connections team in Belfast. I've been told. That there was an update applied to the local exchange to accommodate the faster speeds. My broadband should have reconnected straight away. They would investigate if their was an issue with the update. I've heard nothing back. No broadband. I have to tether my mobile so i can work from home. I'm sorry don't believe a word the support guy has told me. Absolute shambles of a service. Anyone else had this trouble. How long does it take to re connect. 

5 REPLIES 5
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lyonzo360

Welcome to the EE Community and thank you for posting!

I am very sorry that you've been disconnected.  I know that you were told that wouldn't happen so can fully understand the frustration.  We can pick up from here and help arrange to get you back up and running.

I'll message you privately in a moment with steps you can take to come through to us and we'll pick up from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

lyonzo360
Investigator
Investigator

So after numerous calls, EE haven't a clue whats happened. All they can see that the broadband has been disconnected. 

I've carried out my own investigation. I've unpackaged the Sky Hub, connected the WAN cable. Hey Presto I've now got WIFI, So the switch to Sky has happened without my request. Unbelievable.  EE said it wouldn't happen Sky said it wouldn't happen.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The emails you had from EE should have given you 2 weeks to refuse your line being taken over by somebody else (probably by the "different occupier name" giving Sky the wrong house no.).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, I kept calling every time i got the emails. It turns out the EE customer support couldn't see the request being sent to me. They should have transferred me to  another department "Next Generation ". 

They have a solution. Not the best. Basically they've cancelled my contract and started a new one. They will request the line back from sky to switch me back, could take up to 10days. Hopefully quicker when Sky twig whats happened and cut me off. 

lyonzo360
Investigator
Investigator

I've got the same issue. I've had a complete nightmare since moving broadband from BT to EE. Starting to wish i never bothered. Apparently there's a bug on the system. I was told this 3 weeks ago by a EE Guide. I cant access my Broadband account as this was closed by EE (long story, EE messed up big time). When I try to create a new account. It says email address already being used.  The guide says there's nothing I can do until the bug is fixed, He has put a note on my account to merge products. That was 3 weeks ago. What a shambles.