Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new ee 1.6 gbps day one snags

Bowkes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So have just had this product installed and its whip fast but some frustrating snags;

1. The EE home app just doesn't work, trying setup router and asks me to take a pic of back of router but does nothing and the smart wifi extender doesn't setup either so I have no idea if that is even working? Anyone else get that and if so how did you resolve.

2. The normal EE app where i am supposed to be able to do all the fancy things like Game / Work modes, pa7se wifi and get smart grouping of devices just gives me a technical error occurred and doesn't do anything, again is this normal on day one? Am I supposed to give it a little time before it's active?

Any help, tips and tricks gratefully received.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. .
    1. My impression is that the EE Home app was designed for the white Smart Router & doesn't cater for the EE SH+.
    2. Try pairing the WiFi Extender by Ethernet, not by WPS.
  2. Many others too. Mine says that I don't have permission to view Manage page.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
David-M
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bowkes ,

Id like to take a closer look at this so check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply.

Cheers

David

johnnyuk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Today was supposed to be the day of my 1.6G upgrade.

The Openreach engineer has been and gone and nothing is working.  He fitted the new ONT, declared it to be working and left.

It's not working....he left his phone number, but is now blaming the EE Hub cable going to the ONT.

I am now without Internet, as I guess the previous ONT has been de-registered from the PON.

Obviously, I'm not happy.....