Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After switching from BT to EE smart hub Nest Cam 1st gen not finding wifi

Andy366
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Recently we have been pushed by BT to switch out their router for the EE smart hub. After doing so we are not able to connect our nest cameras (1st gen) back to the wifi and hoping someone here has also experienced similar issues.  Things we have tried so far.

Factory reset the nest cameras.

Moved the camera and laptop next to the router to minimise distance

Turned off 5ghz on the router. 

Tried all three modes on the router.

Also tried connecting using 5ghz.

After trying these options we still get the issue whereby the wifi isnt found during the set up of the camera. We have also tried to enter the details manually (ensuring the password and ssid is exactly the same). 

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Thanks

Andy 

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

For the black EE Smart Hub, but not the white EE Smart Router, try separating the wireless bands/SSIDs. On the Advanced > Wireless Settings page of the SH there is a button near the top to Separate the Bands. Turn it ON. Then the 5GHz SSID will appear starting with "5GHz-" & the 2.4 GHz SSID not starting with "5GHz-". Then connect your devices to the 2.4 GHz SSID if they can't do 5GHz. The white Smart Router doesn't allow this.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes we do have the black EE smart hub however as you can see from the screen shot below there is no option to split the channels. I have tried running on just one of the channels however this doesnt work either. 

Would you recommend any other changes?

Andy366_0-1702210903389.png

Screenshot 2023-12-10 _2.gif

UkzVortex
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Make sure you using WPA2 not WPA3 I had same issue with a,azon echo dot 

A E King

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick reply. I can confirm that we are using WPA2. 

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Ah, you have the Smart Hub Plus, not the Smart Hub. You can't separate theWiFi  bands on the Smart Hub Plus.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
UkzVortex
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You cant slip band on any of the Smart Hubs from BT Smart Hub 2 and you can'tBT Smart Hub Router first smart you can slip band onBT Smart Hub Router first smart you can slip band onOld bt smart hub oneOld bt smart hub one on the new EE smart hub only smart hub you slip band was every first smart from BT

A E King