cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Apple Watch e-sim still work if I use my iPhone sim in a Pixel 8?

Russellfogg
Explorer

Hi,

I want to try out a Pixel 8 phone but still keep my Apple Watch with its own e-sim working. 

Does anyone know if I move my iPhone sim to a Pixel 8 and maybe keep the iPhone on WiFi if my watch will keep its eSIM data package and that calls to my primary number (now in Pixel) will work - in theory it should as they have their own plans. 

would test this but will only get the Pixel if this is possible. 

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Russellfogg    You’ll not get calls/texts on the watch as your sim will not be in the iPhone.   The watch it’s linked at account level to your iPhone number and your account at present has an iPhone on it with that phone number so the call/text is also pushed to the watch.   Not having a number on the iPhone means it’s not directed to the watch the phone isn’t even connected to the ee network,  Using Wi-Fi will not direct a call to the watch without a phone number on the iPhone.    The call/text will go straight to the pixel device and that has no means to redirect to the watch as the pixel doesn’t support an Apple Watch.  

You’ll still get data on the watch and this is what you are paying for.  Your call/text comes from your current tariff allowance on the iPhone because it’s connected to the EE network. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Russellfogg    You’ll not get calls/texts on the watch as your sim will not be in the iPhone.   The watch it’s linked at account level to your iPhone number and your account at present has an iPhone on it with that phone number so the call/text is also pushed to the watch.   Not having a number on the iPhone means it’s not directed to the watch the phone isn’t even connected to the ee network,  Using Wi-Fi will not direct a call to the watch without a phone number on the iPhone.    The call/text will go straight to the pixel device and that has no means to redirect to the watch as the pixel doesn’t support an Apple Watch.  

You’ll still get data on the watch and this is what you are paying for.  Your call/text comes from your current tariff allowance on the iPhone because it’s connected to the EE network. 

Thanks for that specific reply Chris 👍🏻