cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Apple Watch Series 8 in UK on EE?

Wjmaclaren
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have a relative moving to study in the UK from the US. Will her American Apple Watch Series 8 work with full functionality with a UK EE SIM Card fitted? 

Many thanks 

Willie

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wjmaclaren,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You won't be able to set up a cellular plan for a US Apple Watch on an EE network, but you can still connect it to an iPhone via Bluetooth so it will have connectivity when in range of the phone.

Hope this helps.

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wjmaclaren  you don’t put a Sim card into an Apple Watch. An Apple Watch is linked to a EE account at account level so when the phone rings the watch rings. So to have an Apple Watch link to an account that account has to have an iPhone on it and be on a Sim only contract or a full device contract.    

HI, 

Many thanks for the reply. I dont have an iPhone or apple watch myself so i wasn't aware of the way they worked. 

Do you know does this mean a US watch will behave exactly the same as a UK version? Ie she would be able to take out a contract with EE on her apple phone and then pair up the watch with it?

Thanks 

Willie 

James_B

Hi @Wjmaclaren,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You won't be able to set up a cellular plan for a US Apple Watch on an EE network, but you can still connect it to an iPhone via Bluetooth so it will have connectivity when in range of the phone.

Hope this helps.

James

Many thanks. That is helpful. 

James_B

No problem @Wjmaclaren 🙂

James