cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up mobile data on a Apple Watch

BigCat097
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone, looking to see if anyone is having the same issue I've been having. When I attempt to purchase an Apple watch data plan on the Watch app, I get an error code 112. I've contacted the technical helpline a couple of times, but haven't gotten beyond them resetting the carrier settings. If you've had code 112, what actions did you take to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Watch: Series 7 (GPS+Cellular) WatchOS 8.7

Phone: iPhone 12 IOS15.6

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BigCat097
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the inputs guys; after working with the level 2 techs, the problem was that an old landline was still showing up in my account, preventing the system from adding a line for the watch. Once they deleted that line, the mobile data activation went through without issues. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@BigCat097  You want to update your iPhone to 15.6.1 it fixes a major security flaw.    

Are you setting this up with Wi-Fi switched off on your phone ?  You need too.  

@BigCat097 , You also need to do this with wifi switched off on the watch, so both phone and watch are on cellular.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thanks for the heads up about the update! Tried it with Wi-Fi disabled, but it still comes up with the 112 error code.

Thanks for the reply. I tried it with Wi-Fi disabled on both devices, and I still get error 112. 

BigCat097
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the inputs guys; after working with the level 2 techs, the problem was that an old landline was still showing up in my account, preventing the system from adding a line for the watch. Once they deleted that line, the mobile data activation went through without issues. 

@BigCat097 , thank you for coming back and letting us know, glad you were able to get this sorted, although not sure what a landline has to do with setting up the watch, as I have an IPad as well as watch and phone, including broadband.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

That’s incorrect, it can be set up on WiFi as well as 4G/5G