cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG sim in iPhone 14 won’t let me use data

EEdart
Investigator
Investigator

I activated a payg SIM card and have the new number in my phone. I can make calls and texts but it won’t connect to the internet. I brought my phone from Japan and swapped out my Japanese sim for the ee one. The ee app says I have 50gb of data with unlimited calls and texts. I may be missing something really obvious but I am losing my mind trying to get it to work. I’m only in the uk for 3 weeks so I need it to work asap. Can anyone help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Finally got it to work! It was an Apple software update that did it. I don’t know if I missed the notification or if it was a new one but after the update I could do everything. If anyone has the same trouble check your updates! Thanks to the people trying to help! I really appreciate it👍

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting AL to 150 from it fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EEdart    Have you restarted the device since you put the sim in to it ?  Have you tried a network reset on the device? 

Thanks for replying! This is the full reply to texting AL to 150:

Your current balance as of today 00:19 is £0.00. You have unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 50.0GB remaining until 20/01/2023 for your £15 Pack. Your remaining data includes of rolled over data. Your last top up was £15.00 on 19/12/2022 at 12:29. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee

For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices

I have restarted the device multiple times. I think I’ve reset the network but if you can tell me how to do it, it may be different to what I did. I’m not that tech savvy. Thanks for replying!

@EEdart Go to settings>general>transfer or reset iPhone. Click reset then click reset network settings.  Allow the device to do its thing.  Once it’s booted back up open safari and a try a search. 

Thanks for the reply. Reset the network settings and it still won’t connect to the internet. Thanks for the advice anyway. I will go to the EE shop today and see if they can figure it out.

Finally got it to work! It was an Apple software update that did it. I don’t know if I missed the notification or if it was a new one but after the update I could do everything. If anyone has the same trouble check your updates! Thanks to the people trying to help! I really appreciate it👍