cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IPhone

Duche55
Investigator
Investigator

I received a new iPhone 13 today and have spent all day trying to set up. My old sim from my iPhone 11 didn’t fit the new phone - this should have been made clear to me when I upgraded. I have waited all day and my phone still cannot make calls or send texts AND I have had to download all my apps again - I thought everything transferred when you placed the phones side by side - has anyone else had these issue or were expectations too high!!! 

8 REPLIES 8
Duche55
Investigator
Investigator

I received a new iPhone 13 today and have spent all day trying to set up. My old sim from my iPhone 11 didn’t fit the new phone - this should have been made clear to me when I upgraded. I have waited all day and my phone still cannot make calls or send texts AND I have had to download all my apps again - I thought everything transferred when you placed the phones side by side - has anyone else had these issue or were expectations too high!!! 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The iPhone 13 takes the same Nano SIM as the iPhone 11 - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202645 

You can take your working SIM out of your old phone and put it in your new phone. Apps and user data is stored on your phone itself and you would have had to use an Apple tool to transfer these.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Duche55

Thanks for coming here. 

Did you back up all your data to iCloud? 

The new iPhone should give you the option to restore from the last back up. 

Leanne.

Sorted! I had the same problem so started again. I deleted everything that had gone onto my NEW phone so complete reset.

THEN went to my old phone, into settings and got to reset. In that section is an option for “transfer to new phone”. 
it gave me an option to create a temp back up if everything INCLUDING apps. I checked that and it initiated a huge back up taking over an hour. 
once completed it tells you that everything is stored and ready to transfer to a new phone. I then put the phones together and downloaded to new phone. It took a while but everything had moved. 

Sorted! I had the same problem so started again. I deleted everything that had gone onto my NEW phone so complete reset.

THEN went to my old phone, into settings and got to reset. In that section is an option for “transfer to new phone”. 
it gave me an option to create a temp back up if everything INCLUDING apps. I checked that and it initiated a huge back up taking over an hour. 
once completed it tells you that everything is stored and ready to transfer to a new phone. I then put the phones together and downloaded to new phone. It took a while but everything had moved. 👍

@Meggle   You only need to bring the phones together when you startup the new device it’ll then walk you through the process or transferring information from one device to the other.  

Sorry for not responding earlier.
Unfortunately it wasn’t that east. Apparently, my phone had 2 types of sims attached to my number. I only found this out after taking my device into the EE shop. They sorted it in seconds.

Sent from my iPhone
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Duche55

Leanne 🙂