cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change voicemail back to default

Bethany25
Visitor

I was wondering if anybody could help me change my voicemail back to the default. Currently it has a recording made by me but I want to remove that and just have the standard voicemail. I can only find the option to re-record my voice which is not what I wish to do. Thanks in advance! 

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bethany25  Try turning your voicemail off by texting VM OFF to 150.  Then text VM ON to 150, this should reset it back to EEs voicemail greeting. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Bethany25 

If you call your EE voicemail, selecting option 2 then option 2 again, lets you revert to the standard voicemail greeting with the option to record your name.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Bethany25.

Welcome to the community.

Let us know if you're able to change this following the advice above.

Jon

I also have the same problem of a very old recording stuck on my EE voicemail message. 
I have tried VM ON and VM OFF but the recording remains. 
When you phone EE voicemail option 1 is a full recording and option 2 sounds as though it is optional to record your name but is mandatory for me.

please help!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pwatson123,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you selecting option 2 then option 2 again?

James

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem, the 'option' to record my name is never given to me and is always expected.

I am trying to reset my voicemail greeting to the default greeting but can't seem to get around having to add my name to it (by pressing option 2 and then option 2 again)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pennt,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to help with this if you get in touch.

James

AnnabelJ
Explorer

I'm having the same issue, did you ever figure this out?

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue