cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A34 G5: Screen unlock does not ask for PIN

HMG5
Investigator
Investigator

I just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy A34 G5. The default screen lock type is by PIN, secondary option is face recognition (set up by EE store staff).

• The screen lock is set to come into effect immediately after the screen turns off or after pressing the side key.
  • Extend unlock is not set up.
  • Swipe is not activated.

However, most of the time the screen can be unlocked simply with just a swipe. It seems to take ages until the PIN lock comes into effect.

How I can change this and disable the swipe option? The phone should always ask for the PIN.

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @HMG5 

You have to wake the screen for the pin lock to activate. 

Settings - lock screen you can change the settings.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi @Northerner,

When I wake up the screen the PIN option only comes up now and again. Most of the time a swipe is enough. And I do not understand why.

Under 'lock screen' it is set to:

• Auto lock when screen turns off (immediately except when unlocked by Extend Unlock) and
  • Lock instantly with side key

Nothing is selected for 'extend unlock'.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HMG5 

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you try going into Settings > Lock screen > Screen lock type, changing to None and then after changing this, go back and add PIN only. 

Does this work for you? 

Leanne 🙂

HMG5
Investigator
Investigator

Mystery solved. The face recognition seems to kick in before the PIN option.

At least my phone is secure.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @HMG5 

Leanne 🙂