cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch not activating and can't choose a plan!

fatih_ozturk
Investigator
Investigator

It's been one week that I got an apple watch series 8 from apple. It's cellular version.

First I noticed watch cellular is not working with PAYG account and went to an EE shop and I got 24 months contract.Waited more than 24 hours and It didn't work. 

Then I called tech service again and they said that I need go to apple and they'll help. They made controls and because of it's a network issue it's beyond of their expertise. So it didn't work again. 

Then I called tech service again and they suggested to make a hard reset on apple watch. I did. Waited 24 hours and it didn't work again. 

Today  I went EE shop and they suggested to cal tech support... Okay. I did it again and this time someone said we need to identify an e-sim into your account. Okay... I asked as "Please do". Then they told me they need to put a watch plan into my account for £7 pounds a month. I said okay let's do that. 

And now they are telling me that I need to wait three months so they can see that I pay my bills and then they'll be available to put a plan into my watch or other option is I need to refund my watch back to Apple and buy same watch from EE with a monthly installment.... I think this sounds like to pushy and dodgy. If you do not trust me to pay my bills, why you are offering me a apple watch device plan?

So I am here with my last hope. There should be a way without complicated methods or without wait 3 months. Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fatih_ozturk
Investigator
Investigator

As of today, I am able to apply a watch plan my problem fixed. Just wanted to inform. 

Thanks for your attention and help. @Katie_B  @Christopher_G 

Fatih

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @fatih_ozturk

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this. 

To use an Apple Watch Cellular that has not been purchased direct from EE you will be required to have the £7 plan on your account. 

To have this your account must be eligible. If you are new to EE pay monthly this may be why you are experiencing this issue. 

I would recommend following the advice from our customer care team and allowing the 3 months. 

Katie

Hello @Katie_B 

Thank you for your answer. Is there any clear statement from EE somewhere that telling these conditions? I am okay to wait but I could learn this informations before I frustrated that much. 

Right now I can't trust what is going to happen after 3 months. Too much wrong direction I got and nothing I have at the moment. I just want to be sure if this is a real solution.

Thank you so much. 

Christopher_G

Hi @fatih_ozturk 

We don't have access to your account here in the community so we can't see the exact reason why you have been advised this. The three month rule is usually to allow a build up of good payment history so that additional products can be added. There isn't a guarantee that you would definitely be able to add it after three months.

This is something you'll need to discuss with our Mobile Care team.
Chris

fatih_ozturk
Investigator
Investigator

As of today, I am able to apply a watch plan my problem fixed. Just wanted to inform. 

Thanks for your attention and help. @Katie_B  @Christopher_G 

Fatih

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @fatih_ozturk 

Leanne 🙂