cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch charges

midnightvelvet
Explorer

Hi all, it would seem that this question has been asked before but I am still confused.  I want to buy an Apple Watch outright but find that although I want to link it to my existing monthly plan, I will still have to pay £7 to be able to use the watch connected to the iPhone.  As my monthly plan is unlimited text/calls and 166gb of data, I don't understand why I have to pay again for it.  Can anyone explain, please?

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you have to pay for using data by the watch. Otherwise you can only use it on Bluetooth.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@midnightvelvet   The watch is it’s own device in itself it has nothing to do with your iPhone contract or the allowance that your iPhone tariffs has.    The watch has its own data allowance that’s not shared with your IPhone tariff.  The watch will be linked at account level so a call to your phone when your phone isn’t with you will also call your watch the same applies to text messages now because of this you’ll be able to make calls/text from your watch and this will use your phone tariff allowance.   The watch has to connect to the network for this to work so you’re paying for that connection .